cPanel is a Linux based web hosting control panel that works through a Graphical user interface(GUI). The main advantage of the cPanel server is that it can be easy to install and configure websites and E-mail. It can be even installed on an operating system that is minimally configured but once you install Cpanel server and want to uninstall, it is not going to be an easy process and you have to format the entire server
WHM – Web Host Manager is a tool used by both server administrators as well as resellers. Resellers can access WHM with reseller permissions and privileges reseller account enables them to create and manage sub-accounts and do limited modifications. Any server-level changes require administrator login with which the server administrators use to manage operations including upgrading Apache, Php, and installing perl modules. cPanel server can be accessed with the server’s root password. In the below article let us see the installation procedure of the cPanel Server.
With a very professional team of architects and engineers, EasyDeploy.Cloud team can help you with fast and ease your workload in installing cPanel server with all the required features to start your hosting business with AWS EC2. With our expertise with AWS and cPanel we can also migrate your existing hosting environment to AWS with zero downtime.
If you are new to the Linux command line or if you are completely new to the hosting business we recommend you to contact us for setting it up for you. It just costs you $100/setup.
1. Install a fresh server of your Desired OS(CentOS/RedHat linux/Amazon Linux version 1.x) Amazon Linux 2 is not yet supported hence we used CentOS 7 AMI for our purpose.
2. Choose the instance type either t2.small or t2.medium or t2.large cPanel requires atleast 2GB of RAM to function so, its better to choose t2.small or higher.
3. Change the default storage of 8GB to 60 GB, cPanel requires space.We are setting it to 60GB to accommodate website files as well as backup.
4. Allow the following inbound ports in AWS security group settings (FTP)20-21,(SSH) 22,(HTTP) 80,(HTTPS) 443,(cPanel) 2082-2083,(WHM)2086-2087,(webmail) 2095-2096
5. Now choose either existing key pair or create new key pair .In case of creating new key pair don’t forget to download the keypair and keep it in a safe place. It is required to login to the instance.
6.Now you can launch your Desired instance andonce the instance is launched successfully attach the Elastic IP to the newly created instance. Elastic IP is required to have static IP to the instance.
7. Now you can logininto server using public ip and install cPanel control panel. To install cPanel in AWS EC2 instance you have to download and run the installation script provided by cPanel.
wget –N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest
8. cPanel installation will take time to complete once the downloading is completed run the screen command to run the process in the background then run the sh command
chmod +x latest
9.After installation completed, you can access your cpanel server through port 2083. In browser type https://<yourserverIP>:2083
10.Now you can access WHM through port number 2087. In browser type https://:2087/